Top Social

paper goodies and family life

GO: My 2015 One Little Word

|
Image credit:  Rebekah at Life of B
I'm sure most everyone is familiar with Ali Edwards One Little Word concept (read about it HERE).  I choose NURTURE for my 2013 word, then didn't choose one for 2014.  It hit me sometime mid-December that I wanted to choose a word again.  GO is my word, for several reasons:
  1. I feel like we missed out on some great experiences in 2014, just because I felt like it would be too much effort to get around, get out the door, get there and just GO.  I'm disappointed in myself for this.
  2. I started to GO for it with my crafting in 2014, with a surprise request to be on the Gossamer Blue DT, and with a try out for AWDML DT.  I discovered that being on a DT is amazing.  So my focus in the crafting aspect of my life is to continue to GO for it.
  3. I taught a few card classes for our local MOMS Club.  I need to continue to GO on and share what I love with others!
Here's plans on how to GO in 2015:
  1. GO on bike rides.  Get a trailer for Quinn to ride in since we're kind of big for a stroller, but not ready to ride our own bike yet.
  2. GO spontaneously.  A random carnival in town?  GO check it out.  Just found out about a new class?  GO see what it's all about.  
  3. GO out to eat in restaurants more often.  We rarely do this and Quinn needs the experience.
  4. GO visit my parents.  My mom is 1 hour away, my dad less than an hour.  They are both in their mid-70's and the reality of aging parents just kicked in for me.  Both are in pretty good health but I got too caught up in our own stuff to spend time with them in 2014.  Quinn will be in school full-time in two short years, then our quick trips won't be as frequent.  Now is the time to take advantage and just go hang with my mom and dad.
That's just the start of my list, as more thoughts hit me or things develop, I'll add more and update what we've done.  Here's to an active, fulfilling 2015!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9