Top Social

paper goodies and family life

Shake down, 1979....

|
....cool kids never have the time....

Name that song and I'll send you a little prize from Creating Us!

I have been a long-time fan of October Afternoon.  I love their labels, their images on patterned papers are absolutely adorable (who remembers the sweet secretaries in the 9 to 5 line?), and one of their new lines, Saturday Morning, instantly brought me back to my awesome childhood in the late 70's and early 80's.  When cartoons were only on Saturday mornings, we had just 13 TV channels, and going out to eat was a BIG deal.  Oh, and no one wore seat belts.  Ever.



I love my Mama, but one of my worst (ok, funny NOW) memories is of the awful angel food cakes.  Some people love angel food, but not me!  For years Mom would ask what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday and I just wanted a yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  What did I get?  ANGEL FOOD.  Ugh.  But if that's the worst I have to complain about, I'd say I had a darn good growing-up.  And another thing--birthday candles do not want to stand up in angel food cakes, so they would tip sideways and drip wax.....WAAAAAHHHHHH!

The Gossamer Blue February kits have a ton of October Afternoon products, all of it coordinating perfectly with the rest of the kits, including Pebbles and Basic Grey.  I have to say, Lori just has an eye for mixing products so beautifully!


This little gal from October Afternoon was the starting point for my layout, I had to use her on a page about my 5th Birthday!


Ok, who's mother had Corning Ware that looks similar to that floral on the flare badge?  And raise your hand if the basement in your childhood home had wood paneling (like mine currently does!)!

I just really like the February Gossamer Blue kits :)

So, leave a comment with the song title and artist, the first correct answer wins a little something from me!





2 comments on "Shake down, 1979...."
  1. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins. I love the layout! The Angel food story is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. The basement is/was a nasty thing that to this day no one wants to spend time in. The dark wood paneling was in the living room (the darkest room in the house) and wasn't tore out until about 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS FOR THE COMMENT JENNY! You win, 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins is an all-time favorite song, and I love your wood paneling story! Send me your address via email jillpkeller (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll send you a little surprise from Creating Us :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9