Top Social

paper goodies and family life

HKC Cuties

|
Hi guys!  A quick layout share using the March Scrapbook Kit from Hip Kit Club, along with a few items from the Color Kit.


I'll be honest, it took many many many tries to get this layout made.  First I water colored part of the cut file (it's a background file), then I used the cut as a stencil, then I was going to use white for the background....ugh.  Then I found this lovely green stripe paper and the clouds parted and the angels sang and it all made sense!


The main colors for this page are pink and green, playing off the kids clothes in the photo.  I used a Shimmerz paint from an older Color Kit to do some loose watercoloring and splattering, then used the green from the March Color kit to add more splatters.


I added several Basic Grey elements and some Pinkfresh wood veneer to finish the layout.  

Love the end result, hate the frustration it took to get there!  Ha!  But I learned a few things along the way and that's all that matters.  Have a happy day!

2 comments on "HKC Cuties"
  1. Stunning page Jill!! I am glad you persevered...it is perfect! I love the addition of the pink watercolor wash to the green striped paper & mist, they really compliment your accent choices & sweet layers! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! I appreciate the comment and encouraging words :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9