Top Social

paper goodies and family life

Gossamer Blue Full of Stories

|
I've lost track of the number of layouts created with the April Kits from Gossamer Blue.  I whipped up this page after finding the photo in a stack of unscrapped pix; I had intended to use the photo on a different layout and had already matted and embellished it, so I had to trim it down and I love the end result of a tall skinny pic.  Something completely different for me!


We received a whole package of those lovely Jen Hadfield ampersands and I'm bound and determined to use them up.  The title at the bottom of the page is also different for me as I tend to add the title near the photo.  I fussy cut the words from an exclusive Life Pages 4x6 card.


I added clear gesso to the Shimelle text paper then did swipes of Distress Stain in Tumbled Glass, Fossilized Amber and Abandoned Coral; I used to get really hung up on colors matching perfectly to the page, but I've discovered I like using shades or tones of colors that compliment the layout.


Of course I've got tangled thread on the page, it seems I can't add an embellishment without some thread behind it.  I love this look and give Missy Whidden all the props for inspiring this look on my pages.  Sometimes transparent stickers gave me a bit of trouble because I love using patterned paper so much, but the hot air balloon and those florals from Shimelle really worked as an accent.

Have a great day :)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9