Top Social

paper goodies and family life

Gossamer Blue The Sweet Life Baby

|
This is one of those layouts that I thought about a lot.  I finished it before bed and woke up thinking about it, wondering if I did too much.  Raise your hand if you can overwork a layout like nobody's business (raises hand).

The card is from the Jen Hadfield cut apart paper in the Gossamer Blue April Main Kit and I chose it because I love the colors and the saying; my girly is wearing a navy striped onesie in the photo and navy is a big favorite of mine for kiddos, so it was just perfect for what I wanted on the page.

I think a better choice would have been a softer patterned paper in the background, and I attempted to soften the colors by using texture paste through one of the Life Pages cut file exclusives from Gossamer Blue (I love that we get both the Main Kit and Life Pages cut files when you subscribe!), then layered on some gesso.  

While I like this layout a lot, the embellishments I chose get a bit lost when you look at the page as a whole.




I won't rework this page, but wanted to share what I learned from making it:  1)  Use a smaller print for the background paper; white would have been a fab choice in this situation; 2)  Try to choose embellishments that will stand out yet won't detract from the photo;  3)  Not every layout needs mixed media ;)

I could have just shared this page, end of story.  But I think sharing my lessons learned is a great way for others to learn, too!  Thanks for stopping by today, hope your Monday is not a typical Monday!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9